1 whole roasted chicken
Few weeks ago, I already posted my recipe for Roasted Chicken with Red Garlic Sauce. I used the chopped ones, because my mom forgot that I requested for a whole chicken.
This time, my mom bought me whole chicken. I marinaded it first in a different marinade and cook it again using our turbo broiler. The longer the chicken is soaked in the marinade the better.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 spoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 spoon vinegar
- 1 thumb sized ginger, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, cracked
- 1 piece siling panigang
- 3 spoon white sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ground pepper
Marinate the chicken for 4-6 hours before cooking
- For the marinade, add all the ingredients together except the ground pepper. Mix well to dilute the sugar.
- Before soaking the chicken poke/puncture (tusukin) the parts of it, using a barbecue stick to let the flavors in the meat. I started marinading the chicken at 11:00 a.m. and started cooking for dinner at 5:00 p.m.
- Before cooking the chicken, remove it from the marinade and sprinkle it with lots of ground pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour in 130 degrees. I use our turbo broiler for baking.
- Serve with rice and iced-cold cola on the side.
If you wanted a little darker result, you can add ketchup in the marinade. The best thing about this recipe is that the oil from the chicken will drip, making a healthier dish.