This fried adobo recipe is inspired by the version of Hollywood actress Gwyneth Paltrow. It’s crispy, soft, and bursting with flavor.
Gwyneth Paltrow, through her blog Goop, made her own version of the popular Filipino dish Adobo. She had somehow made a little twist by frying it and pairing it with waffles.
Though it appears fried, the Hollywood actress actually baked it after cooking it in what she called “adobo broth.”
Read: Octopus Adobo Recipe
The recipe is the inspiration of this Fried Adobo. This features the simple adobo and then fried until golden brown.
Ingredients for Fried Adobo
Chicken is the primary ingredient of this adobo version. You can ask your butcher to simply chop it adobo way.
- 1 1/2 kilo chicken – chopped
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 5 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- Bay leaves
- Chicken breading
- Bread crumbs
- Put the chicken, vinegar, soy sauce, water, white sugar, garlic, onion, bay leaves and pepper in a pan. Then, boil.
- When the mixture thickens, remove from fire.
- Remove the chicken from the mixture.
- Cover with chicken breading and let the mixture absorb it. This will result to a wet breading covering the chicken.
- Roll into bread crumbs.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Frying should only take about 2-3 minutes to avoid overcooked chicken.
- Before covering the chicken with breading make sure there are no pieces of onion and garlic. It will end up burnt and not appetizing.
- Though this recipe features chicken, you can also use pork.