Adobong Pusit recipe - Food Citations
Ringo | On 16, Apr 2012
Another adobo recipe here, this time using a seafood as the main ingredient.
Adobong pusit is another favorite dish of mine. For me, this is very flavorful and will surely captivate everyone’s sensitive taste buds. Since we are dealing with seafoods this time, make sure that we will estimate the cooking time as overcooked sea foods will become rubbery and a waste.
We can use all sizes of squids, you can use whatever squid you prefer. But, I recommend that you use the medium size.
Here are the ingredients:
- Medium size squid – cleaned, teeth removed, backbone removed, ink separated and chopped
- 3 pieces medium tomato – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 thumb-size ginger – chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Saute garlic and onion.
- 2. Add the ginger and let it simmer for a while.
- 3. Add the tomato and about 2-3 spoon of water and let it boil until some of the tomato skin peels.
- 4. Add vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and water. Let it boil for 3 minutes.
- 5. Add the squid and boil for 8 minutes.
- 6. Add salt and pepper, mix well.
- 7. Remove from the pan and serve.
If you want a thicker sauce, you can add more minutes in the fourth step. You can ask the seller to remove the teeth and backbones for you.