Apple Pie Recipe
Ringo | On 20, May 2014
One thing I love about kitchen tasks (cooking, baking, grilling etc.) is the flexibility. You can create your own masterpieces by manipulating the ingredients, the heat, time and many more. You can always play with them as long as you will come up with a great result.
Just like with my apple pie. Some make the top cover great, but mine was just a crunchy bread that you can use to scoop the filling.
I actually came up with this idea seeing my niece scooping out the extra fillings in Crepe in Creamy Apple Pie Sauce using Skyflakes. I tried it out and to my delight it is great.
Ingredients for fillings:
- 3 pieces apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 3 table spoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2 cups ground butter cookies
- 3 teaspoon melted butter
- Water to adjust
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking power
Make the fillings
- In a medium fire boil the water and apples.
- Add all the ingredients except the egg and boil until thick.
- Let it cool
- Add egg and mix well.
- Set aside.
Make the crust:
- Combine all the ingredients and adjust water to make it like a soft dough.
- Spread the dough until covers the pan.
- Put into the oven for about a minute or until it hardens.
Make the cover:
- Combine all ingredients and mix well until it forms a dough.
- Flatten it and shape it into the pan and remove the excess dough.
- Fill the pan with the filling and cover with the dough.
- Bake for about 45 minutes under 360 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.