Assorted fish sinigang
Ringo | On 11, May 2012
My mom’s assorted fishes, cooked the sinigang way
When we took a vacation at Pangasinan, a fisherman passed by our Nipa hut and carrying different fishes he just caught from the sea. He is actually looking at us and through his eyes he is telling us that the fishes were for sale. So, I asked how much and he said P80.00 a kilo. At the back of my mind “Whooaa?, P80 a kilo? Very cheap”. So, I bought a kilo.
I found it really cheap, because, firstly, the fishes were freshly caught, so we are assured of the freshness and secondly, there are fishes that you will really cost large amounts like lapu-lapu, unicorn fish, bisugo and many more.
We decided to just take these fishes home as we are already packing-up that time and our mom and dad asked for “pasalubong“. My mom cooked these fishes sinigang.
Here are the ingredients:
- The assorted fishes – washed and internal parts removed
- 3 cups water
- 1 sinigang mix pack
- 3 cloves garlic –
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bundle talbos ng kamote – bottom removed
- 3 pieces tomatoes – chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger – chopped
- 2 pieces green chilies or siling haba
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Saute garlic and onions.
- 2. Add ginger and tomatoes.
- 3. Add water and let it boil.
- 4. Add the sinigang pack, green chilies, salt and pepper and let it boil. Make it a little bland for you, so when some of the water evaporates, you will achieve enough saltiness.
- 5. Add the fishes and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- 6. Add the talbos ng kamote and boil for another minute
- 8. Serve and enjoy.
I don’t know if there are available assorted small fishes in the market, but this dish is a dish to look forward.