Bagnet Adobo Recipe
Ringo | On 31, Mar 2014
Last two weeks ago, I ranted about one of my favorite delicacies from Ilocos – The Bagnet.
To sum it up, I love it. The overall factor like taste, texture and even price, bagnet is quite worthy. I will argue if someone will say that bagnet is not delicious.
The day that my brother arrived home from vacation in Ilocos, carrying two kilos of bagnet is also the time that my parents weren’t able to buy something to cook for our lunch. The moment bagnet was revealed my mom just made something out of it. She made the ever popular adobo.
This version of my mother features less and thick soup with pineapple juice and flesh. And, to be honest, I love it.. So, I am here sharing the recipe.
- About 1/4 kilo bagnet
- 1/8 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1.2 cup water
- One 234g Del Monte Pineapple Chunks
- 4 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- Laurel leaves
- Ground pepper
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add oyster sauce, vinegar and water, boil.
- Add laurel leaves and pepper, boil until thick.
- Add bagnet, simmer.
- Add the pineapple chunks and syrup, boil until thick.
- Serve and enjoy.