Baked Chicken Steak Recipe
Ringo | On 22, Oct 2014
Last Sunday, I’m not in the mood to cook. Why? It is because I borrowed my friend’s DVD of “Man Vs Wild” and I just got hooked with it.
So, I just looked in our freezer. I got upset seeing that my father bought a whole piece of pork (about a kilo) and about seven pieces of chopped chicken. When I asked my mother what is her viand (she’s on no meat diet) she said that she already had a grilled fish. That makes a bulb light above my head.
I thought I will just dump the chicken in our oven and make a sauce — Huala! I just made grilled chicken steak. I can also cook the chicken while watching an episode.
What I love about this recipe is that it will result in an oil-drained cooked chicken. You can even make a bountiful sauce if you want to.
- 7 pieces chopped chicken
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Juice from 7 pieces calamansi (alternative: 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup water cup
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion – finely chopped
- Horizontally sliced onion (for garnishing)
- 1 thumb-sized ginger – pounded
- salt and pepper
Oven the chicken
- Clean the chicken well and season with salt and pepper.
- dump in the oven and cook for 40 minutes at 150 degrees.
Make the sauce:
- Soak the ginger in the 1 cup water for about 5 minutes. Remove the ginger.
- Dilute the flour in the water and set aside.
- In a pan saute garlic until crunchy. Remove from the oil and set aside.
- Using the same oil saute the onion. Remove from the fire.
- Add all the remaining ingredient and stir until the sugar is complete diluted.
- boil for about five minutes.
- Drizzle to the chicken and top with crunchy garlic.
- Garnish with onion.