Checking out lazy ways to cook chicken? Well, try this baked chicken steak.
Last Saturday, I was not in the mood to cook because my friend lends me his full collection of “Man Vs. Wild” and I want to finish the first season.
So, I checked our fridge and saw one huge super frozen chunk of pork and several pieces of chopped chicken. I asked my mother what will be her food because she’s in a high veggies diet. She said she kept some of her food last night.
A huge bulb lighted. I defrosted the chicken, returned watching “Man Vs. Wild” and after that episode, I salted the chicken and dumped them in the oven. I’ll just make a simple steak sauce so no one will suspect I’m too lazy that day.
Fortunately, my father loved it. So, here is the baked chicken steak recipe:
From the name itself, chicken is the main dish. It’s much better if you’ll ask your butcher to chop it fried chicken way.
- 7 pieces of chopped chicken
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Juice from 7 pieces calamansi (alternative: 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup water cup
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion – finely chopped
- Horizontally sliced onion (for garnishing)
- 1 thumb-sized ginger – pounded
- salt and pepper
Read: Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Bake the Chicken
- Clean the chicken well and season with salt and pepper.
- Dump in the oven and cook for 60 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Set aside
Make the Sauce:
- Soak the ginger in the 1 cup water for about 5 minutes. Remove the ginger.
- Dilute the flour in the water and set aside.
- In a pan saute garlic until crunchy. Remove from the oil and set aside.
- Using the same oil saute the onion. Remove from the fire.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir until the sugar is completely diluted.
- Boil for about five minutes.
Make the Baked Chicken Steak
- Drizzle to the chicken and top with crunchy garlic.
- Garnish with onion.