Beef Patty with Gravy and Mushroom
I admit, I got my inspiration for this recipe from Jollibee’s Burger Steak. For me, Burger Steak is one of my favorite meal from Jollibee. So I tried to experiment and create my own version.
What do I like about this is that I can create more and bigger patties plus with lots of gravy and mushroom. I also put lots vegetable in the recipe like finely chopped carrots, potato, talbos ng Kamote and many more to trick my nieces that they are eating healthier dish.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 kilo group beef
- 1 large potato, grated using cheese grater
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 large carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup Kamote leaves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 bundle spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 sachet Magic Sarap
- ground pepper
- 1 spoon salt
- 1 can mushroom
I already created a recipe for gravy [CLICK HERE].
Procedure for making the patty:
- Chop the mushroom verically and set aside.
- Wash the ground beef and drain it very well. I do this by letting the ground beef to stand in a strainer for 10 minutes.
- In a very deep bowl, form the ground beef into a volcano like.
- Add the flour, Magic Sarap, salt and eggs in the center and mix it very well.
- Again, form the mixture into a volcano like.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the mushroom.
- Shape into oval like. Make sure that the beef mixture is very compressed to avoid parting of the patty. You can do this by using a spoon to press the sides of the oval shaped patty on a separate plate.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Layer in patties, drizzle with gravy and top with mushroom.
- Serve with steaming hot rice and cola.
Just in case the patty parted while cooking (Naghihiwa hiwalay) this means that you have to add more flour or eggs. But, for enhanced and to avoid floury taste follow the step 7.
To trick kids, buy a styro plate in the nearest grocery to plate the burger steak and you’ll see them coming and digging the dish.
I just wanted to clarify that this was my own recipe. I never asked someone from any company about this. I just got my inspiration from Jollibee. I don’t have any intentions of infringement.