Buttered Shrimp Recipe
Ringo | On 30, Oct 2014
From the post Dasol, Pangasinan Food Adventure, I showed showed some awesome deals we got while traveling to the beach resort of our choice.
The freshly-caught sea foods, a bucket of oyster that is only worth P80.00 (less than $2) and the time we met this Lady Gaga Fish are part of the great experiences. But, the best one is when I saw this shrimp that is bigger than my hand.
Speaking of shrimp, just last week, my father was able to grab another deal when one our neighbors who offered him a kilo of shrimp for only P200.00, which is quite cheaper. Our neighbor got them from his father’s shrimp farm that just drained for another set of shrimps.
When my father asked me took cook, my sister, who is a huge fan of shrimp requested I cook them with butter. So, “your wish is my command.”
- 1 kilo shrimp – antenna removed and cleaned.
- 1/2 a stick butter (about 60 ml)
- 4 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan saute garlic until golden brown (until crunchy) using a teaspoon of vegetable oil. Remove some garlic and set aside.
- Saute the onion along with remaining garlic.
- Add the shrimp and cover to simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and let the shrimp while stirring continues. This takes about 7-10 minutes.
- Turn off the fire and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with crunchy garlic.
- Serve and enjoy.