Buttered Vegetables, Mashed Squash, and Pork Chop
Ringo | On 05, Aug 2012
One of the most awesome vegetable for me, is the squash. I love it because when you add this along with some vegetables this will break and will add sweetness to a dish. The mushy, and starchy texture makes every bite delightful. Oh! Don’t forget the health benefits…
Buttered vegetables, on the other hand, is an appetizer that I really can’t resist. The butter covering the vegetables adds an unexplainable kicks that keeps me digging down. The serving of buttered vegetables in some restaurants are annoying, as they come in very small amount, leaving you “bitin”.
Now, how about cooking buttered vegetables with mashed squash that will add sweetness?
- 1 pork chop
- 10 pieces green beans (Baguio Beans) – top and bottom removed, cut in half
- 1 large carrots – peeled, cubed
- 1 medium potato – peeled, cubed
- 2 medium tomato – chopped
- 2 bell peppers – seeds removed, chopped
- 1 medium egg plant – chopped into circles
- 1 cup squad – chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic – chopped finely
- 1 onion – chopped
- 2 spoon butter
- 4 spoon water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Just season the pork chop with salt and pepper.
- Fry the pork chop and set aside when cooked.
- Melt the butter in a very low fire.
- Saute garlic until roasted and add onion.
- Add squash and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and let it simmer until some skin peel off.
- Add the carrots, bell pepper and potato and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the Baguio Beans and simmer for another minute.
- Add the eggplant and water and let it simmer until the water evaporates.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pork chop and share.
Enjoy everyone, and have a nice Sunday!