Chicken adobo with milk, green chili and roasted garlic
Ringo | On 17, May 2012
I have posted an adobo recipe here where there is coconut milk and served spicy and I called it Spicy Ginataang Adobo. Now, I have also created another twist with my adobo, instead of coconut milk, I used ordinary evaporated milk, added some spicy kicks and lots of roasted garlic.
This dish combines, creamy flavor from the milk, spicy and a little bitter yet aromatic flavor from the roasted garlic.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 kilo chicken – chopped
- 1 piece green chili or siling haba
- 7 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 5 spoon vinegar
- 5 spoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 spoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- Powdered pepper
- 1. To remove lots of oil from the chicken, boil the chicken with the 1/2 cup water until it releases oil. Wait for the water to evaporate. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside then throw the oil.
- 2. Roast the garlic in 1 teaspoon oil. The secret to equally roasted garlic is putting the pan over a very low fire and continuously stirring the garlic. Set aside the garlic.
- 3. Put the vinegar, soy sauce, water, milk, sugar, pepper and onion in a pan and boil for 1 minute.
- 4. Add the chicken and boil for 10 more minutes.
- 5. Add the green chili and let it simmer.
- 5. Top the roasted garlic and serve.
Me, I prefer a little dry adobo, so, I just wait until some of the water evaporates (step 4).