Chicken Alfredo recipe
Ringo | On 11, May 2013
Summertime is probably one of the happiest part of my family’s years (Specifically my father and mother’s). This is because, this is the time that my sis and niece in Singapore will come home for vacation. Also, as part of the family members who will celebrate their birthdays during this hot climate.
Zoe was one of those celebrants. We already planned a vacation for the whole celebration. The vacation was on April 29 to May 1 (Zoe’s birthday is on April 30). My sister decided to cook some dishes for us to at least have something before going out-of town.
Included to the special dishes was the Chicken Alfredo.
Chicken Alfredo is a pasta dish which resembles a carbonara. To make it more special my sister uses Campbell’s Mushroom Soup as the thickener.
This recipe can serve 15 people.
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 kilo spaghetti pasta
- 2 cans 120 ml Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans 410 ml Evaporated milk
- 2 250 ml all purpose cream
- 1 kilo boneless chicken breast – chopped into small pieces
- 1 pack sweet ham – chopped
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium carrots – diced
- 2 cans green peas
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- Fried chopped bacon (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a boiling water, salt and oil. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan, saute garlic and onion.
- Add the chicken and a little water.
- When the water evaporates, add the sweet ham.
- Add the cream and milk. Wait until the mixture boils.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and mix well.
- Add carrots and green peas and let it boil for another minute.
- Season with salt and pepper based on your preferences.
- Combine the mixture with the pasta and mix well.
- Top with bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!