Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom in Pasta
Ringo | On 22, Jul 2013
One of the most fascinating creatures are the mushroom and I am talking about the edible ones. Why thought so? Because they are actually fungi. Just try imagining eating a fungus — it’s somehow a little undesirable, right? However, I can’t resist chewing on these chewy creatures.
What’s great is that my mother also loves it. She add these supposedly-parasites in her version of Pinakbet. She usually adds the oyster mushroom.
Shiitake Mushroom is another variety that is well-used here in our home. My sisters love them added in Chopseuy or other vegetable dishes.
I came up with a dish featuring Shiitake Mushrooms along with chicken and pasta. This is in a little resemblance with adobo with a little spicy sauce.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup shiiitake mushroom – chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken breast – chopped
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 1/2 knob ginger – chopped
- 2 table spoon brown sugar
- 1 piece laurel leaves
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add chicken breast and let it simmer for a while.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar and water. Boil until the sauce thickens.
- Turn into low fire and add shiitake mushroom, laurel, ground pepper and ginger. Boil for a minute.
- Add the pasta and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.