This Chicken Nuggets Recipe features no corn mill since it’s not easily available to Filipino kitchen. Instead, I used breadcrumbs for that crunchy bite.
For most of us, our very first heartache is bff breakup, and it hurts — a lot. We all came to those moments that our childhood best buddy broke up with us indirectly by having their own set of friends.
I remember this childhood buddy of mine named John (not his real name because we are FB friends). We used to play together, gang on other children together, roam around the streets, and share foods. We are inseparable.
Unfortunately, when we reached our schooling age, things changed. I went to school and John didn’t study because of poverty. The first month and second month were ok. However, as months go by he appeared avoiding me; and opted to be with our neighbors who are out-of-school children as well.
It hurts seeing him become a gangster kid who knew nothing but a riot. I secretly sulk and preoccupied myself with my studies. I even avoided foods we share, which includes French fries and if my sisters brought me home, chicken nuggets.
Well, so much for the drama. Here is my Chicken Nuggets Recipe:
- 2 cups ground chicken
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped carrots
- bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
Make the Chicken Dough:
- In a bowl combine the ground chicken, onion, garlic, carrots, a teaspoon of flour, salt and pepper and egg. Then, mix well.
- Let it rest.
Make the Breading:
- Season a cup of flour with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
Coat the Chicken Nuggets:
- Scoop a spoon full of chicken dough.
- Drop it in the flour then form it into a square.
- Coat it.
- Lay on a flat surface then set aside.
- Repeat the steps 1 to 4.
- After the flour bread becomes moist, cover them with bread crumbs until fully coated.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
You can adjust the salt and Chicken Nuggets Recipe based on your preferences.