Chocolate Mousse recipe
Ringo | On 19, Jan 2013
Chocolate Mousse was one of the most deceiving dessert. The foamy, melts in your mouth, creamy and sweet characteristics makes people think that this was hard to make. Some also thought that the ingredients in making this dessert is quite expensive.
But, what other people don’t know is that it’s only egg, chocolate, sugar and an electric beater. You can also add a little cream on top. The right foaminess of the dessert should come into right timing and carelessness should exist.
Here are the ingredients:
- 6 medium eggs, separate the egg whites from the yolks
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 table spoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (chilled)
- 3 spoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Melt first the chocolate using a turbo broiler or put a non-conductor bowl on top of a pan with boiling water.
- Add butter to the chocolate while melting and keep on stirring and when the chocolate is completely melted, remove from the pan. Let it cool down for 30 seconds.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg yolks and add cream and stir, set aside.
- In a separate bowl add the cream of tartar and sugar to the egg whites and beat until it’s foamy and when you flip the bowl the foam will not spill.
- Add a few scoops of beaten egg white to the chocolate mixture first and stir until it completely combine. Then add the chocolate mixture to the remaining foamy mixture and stir until completely mixed.
- You can add cream on top and refrigerate to set.
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy.