Cordon Bleu with a Twist Recipe
Ringo | On 26, Aug 2014
Despite I always watch what I eat to maintain my wait, I hate eating pure meat. I love it with a little layer of fat.
This also goes with chicken, I hate the breast part. I find the pure meat of a chicken too bland and a too boring. I love the thigh – with lots of fat – and the leg part.
However, there are times that my father will buy breast part. So, I don’t have a choice, but to just pour on lots of catsup when our viand is fried chicken breast. But, when I’m in charge of the cooking and saw chicken breasts, I usually make chicken nuggets.
Just this Sunday, I got into so much mood and made a Cordon Bleu with a twist. It is a chicken nuggets ala cordon bleu.
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast – remove from bones
- 1 medium onion – peeled
- 5 cloves garlic – peeled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sweet ham – sliced into strips
- Eden cheese – sliced into sticks
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Using a food processor combine chicken breast, onion, garlic, egg, flour, salt and pepper. Blend until a dough-like appears.
- Make a layer of the mixture and lay the cheese and ham, and roll until fully covered. Repeat until finished.
- Roll into bread crumbs and fry over a medium fire until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.