Crab and Corn Soup Recipe
Due to the consistent efforts of my parents, we were able to bond during Sunday lunch. Because Sunday is the only day of the week where me and siblings can get lots of sleep, they will just wake us up and the lunch is all served. I am quite thankful and appreciate all their efforts.
One Saturday night, I heard them talking about the lunch for tomorrow and both of them agreed with crabs and vegetable dish. Then, the Sunday morning, I woke up early to volunteer in cooking the meal. But, being the intimidating parents they are, I gave in.
I just asked them if I can make soup as appetizer, they agreed. Since we already have crabs for lunch I decided to make crab and corn soup.
This recipe is made from scratch and can feed 10 people.
- 2 medium crabs
- 12 cups water
- 1 cup flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 5 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 2 medium onion – finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh corn
- 1 bundle spring onion – chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a separate pan, boil at least 2 cups water.
- Add the crab and boil for about a minute, set aside (crab stock)
- Separate the crab meat, set aside,
- In a bowl dilute the flour in 2 cups of water, set aside.
- Saute garlic until golden brown and add onion.
- Add all water including the crab and flour mixture and corn. Boil until thick.
- Add crab meat and corn. Put into boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add egg and mix well. Remove from fire.
- Add onion spring.