Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Since I was a kid, I am a big fan of soup. Probably at about 6 years-old, I remember exchanging a soup to a rice meal.
Because, that time I’m only a kid, I can’t buy those ready to made soup. So, I created them myself. I Already know how to thicken a mixture by boiling water along with a diluted cornstarch or flour. Then, as experiment, I add the seasonings from Lucky Me Noodle Soup with some onion spring. Then, I came up with my own recipe.
As the years go by, I am able to experiment with the flavors and ingredients.
Let me introduce you my Creamy Chicken and Vegetable soup. This is one that I usually cook whenever our viand is fried.
- 4 strips chicken meat – finely chopped
- 1 medium sized carrot – peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sized potato – peeled and cubed
- 1 bundle spring onion – chopped
- 1 cup Malunggay leaves (Moringa)
- 5 spoon flour – Diluted in a cup of water
- 4 cloves garlic – Finely chopped
- 1 medium onions – Minced
- Chicken cube
- 1 egg – Beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 20 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté garlic and onions. Toasting the garlic to golden brown first can add a little bitter kick in the soup.
- Add chicken and let the it to fry in the sautéd garlic and onions.
- Add few cups of water of water and put into boil.
- Add the chicken cube, add all the water and put into boil.
- Add the flour mixture and continue to stir until thick.
- Add all the potatoes and carrots, put into boil.
- Add the milk and continue to stir.
- Add the Malunggay and spring onions.
- Add the egg while stirring the soup, the egg will add more flavor and consistency.