Are you looking for an easy but delicious meatball recipe? Well, try this egg meatballs with a gravy dish. It’s worthy it.
Undoubtedly, meatballs are one food that will never be left out of place. These have been a staple food of all people from different ages, gender, status, and territory.
The simple recipe of combining ground meat, onion, garlic, egg, flour, and salt is always innovated in order to produce the best-tasting meatballs. I once recall my mother adding grated apple and pears to add natural sweet kicks.
Read: How to Cook Meatballs
Chef Boy Logro made a tremendous twist with this beloved food and this features a hard-boiled-egg covered with meatballs and I want to replicate it. I just added some more kicks by making a sauce.
Ingredients for the Egg Meatballs
- 6 pieces hard-boiled chicken eggs
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 1 medium carrot – peeled
- 2 medium onion – peeled
- 4 cloves garlic – peeled
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
Ingredients for the Sweet Gravy
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cloves garlic – cracked
- 1/2 of a medium onion – chopped
- 1 thumb ginger – cracked
- Powdered pepper
Make the Sauce
- In a bowl combine water, garlic, onion, and ginger. Let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then, remove the vegetables.
- Add all the ingredients in a pan and mix well until the sugar and flour are diluted.
- Cook until thick. You should continuously stir to avoid inconsistencies (strain if necessary).
- Set aside the easy meatball sauce.
Make the Egg Meatballs
- In a food processor combine carrots, onion, and garlic (grated vegetables).
- Combine ground pork, grated vegetables, raw egg, flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix (Meatball mixture).
- Cover the hard-boiled eggs with meatball mixture (balls).
- Roll each ball in bread crumbs and deep fry until golden brown.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve.
- To trick kids, you can add more vegetables like potatoes, turnips, radish, and powdered moringa.
- This egg meatballs and gravy are best consumed right after eating. The breading will become saggy if you will let it rest for a while.