Egg Meatballs Recipe
Ringo | On 25, Sep 2014
Undoubtedly, meatballs is one food that will never be left out of place.This has been a staple food of all people from different ages, gender, status and territory.
The simple recipe of combining ground meat, onion and garlic, egg, flour and salt is always innovated in order to produce the best-tasting meatballs. I once recall my mother adding grated apple and pears to add natural sweet kicks.
Chef Boy Logro made a tremendous twist with this beloved food and this features a hard-boiled-egg covered with meat balls. I then add some more pinch by making a sauce.
Ingredients for egg meatballs:
- 6 pieces hard-boiled chicken eggs
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 1 medium carrots – peeled
- 2 medium onion – peeled
- 4 cloves garlic – peeled
- 1 raw egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cloves garlic – cracked
- 1/2 of a medium onion – chopped
- 1 thumb ginger – cracked
- Powdered pepper
Make the Sauce:
- In a bowl combine water, garlic, onion and ginger. Let it sit for about 15 minutes. remove the vegetables.
- Add all the ingredient in a pan and mix well until the sugar and flour are diluted.
- Cook until thick. You should continuously stir to avoid inconsistencies (strain if necessary).
- Set aside.
Make the Egg Meatballs
- In a food processor combine carrots, onion and garlic (grated vegetables).
- Combine ground pork, grated vegetables, raw egg, flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix (Meatball mixture).
- Cover the hard-boiled eggs with meatball mixture (balls).
- Roll each balls in bread crumbs and deep fry until golden brown.
- Drizzle with sauce and serve.