Fried Chicken Coated With Salted Egg Yolk And Gravy
Ringo | On 27, Jul 2017
Undeniably, fried chicken is one of the most favorite meals of people from around the world.
Here in the Philippines, side walk vendors also sell this and the most popular is the neck. They are always blockbuster.
Though fried chicken is the favorite, it’s always human nature to innovate so there will be varieties of the product. Just recently, the fad is salted-egg coated fried chicken. It’s may look meticulous on the ears but the process is quite simple.
For Fried Chicken:
- 5 pieces chicken
- 1 cup
- salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
For Egg yolk coating
- 3 pieces salted egg yolk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- a dash of soy sauce
- salt and pepper
Procedure for fried chicken:
- Combine milk, salt, and vinegar. Mix well. Set aside for about an hour. It will form a thicker batter.
- Marinate the chicken for at least an hour in the milk mixture. Set aside.
- Combine flour, pepper and a dash of salt. Use it as the chicken breading.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
Make salted egg-coated fried chicken
- Milk three pieces of salted egg yolk, pepper, and water. Mix it well to make a thick batter.
- Put on medium fire and wait until it boils.
- Put the fried chicken and mix well.
- Combine all the ingredient in a sauce pan. Mix well.
- Boil until thickens.
- Serve the chicken with gravy
- The salt and pepper will depend on your preferences.
- The flour for gravy also depends.
- My garnishing came from my mom’s garden. It’s flowers from a red pepper plant.