Fried Chicken, mash potato and cream sauce
Ringo | On 18, Apr 2012
My version of Fried Chicken, Mash Potato and Cream Sauce
I don’t want to eat fried chicken with rice alone. I found it very plain and not worthy. I make sure that there’s always something to dip in to make my fried meal with a little party. Everytime fried chicken is our viand, I always cook gravy on the side. But, this time, I want a little experimentation.
I’ve been a fan of mash potato and I know a creamy sauce will fit it. So, here it is my own version of fried chicken with mash potato and creamy white sauce.
Ingredients for fried chicken:
- 1 kilo chicken -chopped
- 2 packs of chicken breading
- Oil for frying
Ingredients for mash potato:
- 4 medium potato – peeled and cubed
- 2 spoon milk
- A pinch of powdered pepper
- 1 spoon butter
- Water for boiling
Ingredients for cream sauce:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 spoon flour – diluted in 1 cup of water
- 2 spoon cream
- 2 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium onion – finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot – peeled and cubed
- 1 spoon chopped onion spring
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Coat the chicken with breading and deep fried. Set aside.
- 2. For the mash potato boil the cubed potato until cooked. Drain well.
- 3. Add butter, milk and pepper. Using a form patiently mash the potato until no more lumps.
- 4. For the cream sauce. Saute garlic (roast) and onion.
- 5. Add the carrots and let simmer for a while.
- 6. Add water with flour, milk and cream. Wait until the bottom of the mixture clouds. Mix well and wait for the sauce to thicken.
- 7. Add salt, pepper and onion spring. Mix well.
- 8. You can serve them separately or garnish in one plate.
The step six is a little meticulous, if you will not mix it when the bottom clouds, you will end up with lumps in the sauce. The creamy flavor of the sauce compliments the mash potato and chicken very well.
Don’t forget to thank me guys.