Ginisang Repolyo (Sautéd Cabbage)
Ringo | On 24, Apr 2012
Repolyo or cabbage is abundant here in the Philippines. The Philippine soil and weather are perfect in growing cabbage. With scientific name Brassica oleracea, repolyo is definitely is another vegetable I love to munch.
One of the ways to cook cabbage is just by sautéing it. Me, I also add some oyster sauce and pork meat to make it a little fancy. I also want the sauce a little thick and sweet.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 large cabbage – washed and chopped
- 1/2 kilo pork – chop into small cubes
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 spoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 spoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- ground pepper
- Sauté garlic and onion.
- Add pork and let it simmer.
- Add water and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce, sugar and pepper. Let it boil for 2 minutes or wait until the sauce thickens.
- Add Cabbage and wait until cooked.
- Serve and enjoy.
As my preference is concerned, I don’t want my cabbage too soft. I want it with little crisp. Overcooking the cabbage will also eliminate some of the nutrients present in the vegetable.