How to Make Deep Fried Apple Pie?
It has been a tradition for my family that the siblings have to cook their own dish every Christmas. This time, 2011, I wanted to make something different. So, I decided to make apple pie. Since we don’t have an oven, I made it deep fried and ehem!! All the dish on our table during Noche Buena have left overs. But mine left with nothing. It’s blockbuster!!!
This recipe is a little complicated and takes time to make. So, patience is a must when doing these precious delights. You should also have light hands, specially when doing the dough as a little hole in the dough can ruin the whole pie.
This is much better if you have someone to help you.
Here are the ingredients to make deep fried apple pie:
- 2 medium sized apple (cored and cubed)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 spoon crushed graham
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon evaporated milk
Procedure to make the apple fillings:
- In a pan, add all the ingredients except the apple and let it boil.
- When the ingredients formed foam like mixture add the apples and let it boil.
- When the liquid becomes a thick sauce, remove the fillings from heat and set aside
- Add all the ingredients and mix together using you hand to make it a dough.
- Make sure that you can combine all the ingredients together and add water to adjust the softness of the dough.
- Using a rolling pin, make a thin skin-like dough (this is the most meticulous part), make it thin, but not too thin (refer to the picture and notes below for guide).
- Cut the dough into 4 by 5 inches or any desired rectangular shape
The flattened dough for apple pies. Make it not too thin.
To make finished apple pie:
- For 4 by 5 inches cut of dough add 1-2 tablespoon of fillings and add little sauce. Put the fillings in the center of the dough
- Fold the dough with filling in half to cover the sauce and seal the dough using your thumb
- Deep fried the pies for 3 minutes in a medium fire or until golden brown and serve while hot
2 pieces of apples can make 8 piece of deep fried apple pies.
- To make the dough, spread first flour around you work top (molding place) and apply some flour to the rolling pin. This will prevent the dough from sticking to your work top and the rolling pin.
- Make the dough thin, but not too thin as very thin skins will soon soften and can’t support the fillings anymore.
- Seal the dough with fillings inside well. This will prevent the apple pie from opening while you are frying it
- As much as possible, avoid holes while making the dough. The fillings will soon come out to the holes and will ruin the oil.