Dupe the kids with this Kalabasa Ice Cream Recipe.
In one hyper kitchen session, I ended up with a huge pan of Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw. This happened because of my extreme happiness after knowing that the price of squash went down.
The untouched viand will usually end up in the refrigerator, right? I don’t know who did it, but the leftover Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw was lodged in the freezer. I was annoyed because I still have to defrost it for my breakfast.
On the other hand, the instance became a blessing in disguise because I recalled my version of Kalabasa ice cream recipe. This one of the food I used to make so I can encourage my then young nieces to eat vegetables.
Kalabasa is already sweet. So, this features little sweetener. Allow me to say, this is also good for weight watchers.
- 1 kilo kalabasa, peeled and cubed
- 250 (1 pack) all-purpose cream
- 105 ml (3/4 small can) condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- In a pan, boil the kalabasa flesh until cooked. Strain and let it cool down.
- Using an electric masher, crush the flesh until smooth.
- In a non-stick pan combine all ingredient and put under low heat.
- Continue mixing until smooth and thick.
- Freeze and enjoy.
- This Kalabasa ice cream recipe is best when the kalabasa is “maligat.” According to my suki, you can identify it with dark yellow color.
- If you don’t have masher, you can use a fork.
- I also love the ice cream with bits of kalabasa.
- Never tell the kids that it’s primarily made of vegetable.