Liempo Sisig Recipe
The last time I checked, I weighed 58 kilos, still my average weight when I’m in college. Despite the fact that my job is home base and sitting all day in front of the computer, I didn’t gain weight. Maybe, because of my jogging routine with my labrador retrievers and watching calories.
However, if the viand are sisig and kare-kare, forget about counting calories. I don’t mind the dieting if they are served. I will just chow them along with 3-4 cups of rice or until bloated.
Since I love sisig, I want to experiment. Now, I came with another version which features lechong kawali as the main ingredient.
- 1 kilo liempo
- 1 medium carrot – chopped into rectangular pieces
- 1 medium singkamas – shredded
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon liver spread
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
For Garnish (optional):
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber – peeled and chopped into bow-like shape
- Make Lechong Kawali.
- When the Lechong Kawali cooled down, chop it into small pieces.
- In a pan saute garlic until golden brown and onion.
- Add carrots and singkamas and let it simmer.
- Add the lechong kawali and simmer.
- Add liver spread and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Garnish with lettuce and cucumber.