The new decade brought a surprise of coronavirus along, putting the entire world on hold. Honestly, no one saw this coming, nor anyone knew that the people would be spending all their time at home. As days progress, everyone craves a stable routine instead of spending another day on the couch, looking at memes. Thus, it is time to change your schedule and get those creative juices flowing.
What could be better than taking some fun food projects? The kitchen is the heart of homes, but it has become the ‘hot’ spot of the house during this pandemic. Bring out the food lover inside you and try your hand at tossing a homemade pizza or brew your kombucha. Sounds exciting, isn’t it? After all, there could not be anything better than pleasing yourself with delicious foods and enjoying these stressful times.
Let us take you through some mouth-watering recipes you can try to satisfy your fancy cravings during this lockdown.
With limited ingredients at home, you might think preparing a dessert is impossible, but guess what? You can make a chocolate cake with only three ingredients.
- One ¼ cup crispy cookies.
- ½ cup of warm milk.
- 1 tsp baking powder.
- Blend the cookies until it turns into crumbs.
- Add warm milk, baking powder, and mix everything well.
- Finally, bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes.
- Enjoy this quick dessert.
Stuffed Grilled Chicken
Unsurprisingly, one can never go wrong with chicken and cheese together. Some fresh mozzarella cheese and roasted peppers can allow you to experience restaurant-like stuffed grill chicken. Surprisingly, with easy grilled chicken recipes, you can readily prepare it with minimal ingredients.
- 250 grams of boneless chicken fillets without skin
- 1/2 tsp of salt, paprika, and pepper
- 3 tbsp vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
- Four slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- Make deep cuts in the chicken breasts and marinate it in paprika pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, and salt. Add 1 teaspoon oil and refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and place it in a grill pan.
- Stuff the cuts with slices of mozzarella cheese and press the chicken tightly to seal it.
- Grill it on medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes and turn it upside down very carefully with the help of a spatula. After this, brush the chicken with remaining marinade to enjoy more flavor.
With all the quarantine munching, we are bringing you a healthy and delicious kombucha recipe. So, here is how you can learn to brew kombucha with sweetened tea at home.
- 250 ml boiled water
- 750 ml de-chlorinated water
- 1 teaspoon tea
- 50-100 grams sugar – as per your liking
- 100 ml starter Liquid
- One small SCOBY
- Boil the water in a saucepan.
- Turn off the heat, add tea bags, and sugar. Then, stir it quickly to dissolve the sugar and then leave for 8-10 minutes to brew.
- Do get rid of the teabags from the saucepan without squeezing them.
- Add SCOBY, starter liquid, and wait for the SCOBY to grow.
- Put the mixture into a jar and cover it with a paper towel for 6-9 days.
- Start tasting it after six days until it fits your level of sweetness.
Everyone feels like having something delicious, but the hassle of cooking for hours keeps them away from this thought. This toothsome rice meatball recipe will let you prepare a heavenly meal in 25 minutes.
- One garlic clove
- serrano pepper
- Four diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- chopped spinach
- 1 lbs beef
- 1/3 cup fried onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup of boiled rice
- 1/8 cup breadcrumbs
- Mix garlic clove, water, and tomatoes in a blender.
- Heat the pot, add tomato paste with pepper, and leave it until it boils.
- Mix the beef, onions, boiled rice, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, and use your fingers to make a meatball and wrap it around the sauce.
- Increase the heat and let the meatball cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve it with beans and enjoy your meal.
Red Thai Curry
The closure of restaurants tempts all those exquisite cuisines. With a little effort and dedication, you can have a beautiful dining experience at home with your red Thai curry.
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- Boneless chicken
- One white chopped onion
- Two garlic cloves
- 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tablespoon curry sauce
- Add 3 cups of water in a pan and cook rice.
- Heat oil in another pan, season the chicken with pepper, garlic, and salt.
- Cook until it is golden, and then add red curry sauce. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli for 3 minutes.
- After this, remove from heat and put the onions with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve it with rice.
Stay Home and Cook
Staying home is nothing less than a struggle for most of us. But, we can enjoy this time with a little pinch of creativity. Similarly, you can utilize this time to test new recipes and eat your heart out. We have complied with some effortless methods, which you make using simple ingredients.