Lumpiang Shanghai Recipe
Ringo | On 19, Apr 2012
Lumpiang Shanghai or Spring Rolls are dish made from ground pork or other meat flavored with different vegetable and covered with spring roll or what is locally known as Lumpia wrapper.
There are also some sellers who use this as a business. But, to be honest, I found their product not worthy. It’s like pure ground pork with onions and garlic only covered with the very thick spring roll to make it look bigger. It’s much better if you will do this yourself, as you will not going to thrift the ingredients.
Lumpiang shanghai is always available during events like birthday parties, local feasts and many more.
According to some, this is best dipped in sweet and sour sauce.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 kilo ground pork – clean and drain
- 20 -30 pieces of spring roll (lumpia wrapper)
- 1 medium carrot – Shred using a cheese shredder and chop very fine
- 1 medium potato – Shred using a cheese shredder and chop very fine
- 1 bundle onion spring – finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 2 medium red onions – finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 spoon group pepper
- 2 spoon salt
- 1. Form the ground pork into a volcano and add all the vegetables and mix well.
- 2. Add eggs, salt, flour, oil and seasonings and mix well.
- 3. Put at least 2 spoon of ground pork in the bottom of the spring roll, fold both sides and roll to cover the entire meat. Wet the upper part of the spring roll to seal. Repeat until finish.
- 4. Fry all the spring rolls until golden brown.
- 5. Serve and enjoy.
Me, I also prefer it with soymansi (soy sauce and citrus) dip with crush chilies.