Make Chicken Caldereta Using Fresh Tomatoes
Ringo | On 02, Sep 2017
My control freak and OCD father doesn’t want me buying the raw ingredients for our everyday meal. He said we are not aware or the routines around the wet market and might end up buying to those opportunists. He always is always tasked with buying them while we, the children are the ones who will cook.
Just last time, he bought ingredients for Chicken Caldereta. However, he forgot the second most important… The tomato sauce.
He asked me then asked to make a quick visit to the nearest mini market, which is a few minute walk from our house. However, I can’t because no one was watching my Pisonet shop. So, I checked the refrigerator and gladly said that he should leave it on me.
I cooked chicken caldereta using fresh tomatoes.
- 1 kilo chicken – chopped
- 3 medium hot dogs – sliced
- 20 pieces medium tomatoes – chopped
- 2 pieces medium carrots – peeled, chopped
- 2 large potatoes – peeled, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper – seeds removes, chopped
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 35 grams cheese (Eden Sulit Pack) – cubed
- 1 tablespoon liver spread
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- In a pan boil the chicken in a 1/2 cup water for about 5 minutes under a high fire.
- Remove the chicken and let the water dry out. The oil will retain.
- Remove some of the oil and use it to saute the garlic and onion. Remove from the oil and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes and saute it for a minute or until some of the skin peel.
- Add the 2 cups of water and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese, carrots, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and the rest of the ingredients and boil until the chicken is well-cooked. This takes about 8 minutes.
- Serve with hot rice.
- The step 5 must result in a thick reddish brown paste.
- Sugar can be adjusted based on your preferences.