Do you want to make your own tapsilog? Well, here are the ingredients and the procedure for a cheap and satisfying tapsilog.
Breakfast, despite dubbed as the most important meal of the day, is the most ignored. I am one of those people who are guilty of skipping this morning enhancer, probably because of the things I need to do in the morning.
Tapa, Singangag, at itlog or popularly known as TapSiLog, is a sumptuous dish that should be prepared during breakfast. However, because of its taste, it’s available 24/7. Way back my college days, I and my friends love to dine in our favorite place to order this dish.
Whenever I have time, in the mood and there is available beef in the refrigerator, I always make my own tapsilog. It’s more satisfying, more delicious, and of course, you can refill your plate as many times as you can.
Ingredients For Beef Strips
I already posted a fancier version of Tender Beef Strip Recipe. However, if you are just opting to make a single-serve, refer to the ingredients below:
- 7-10 pieces of finger-sized beef strips
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice from 2 pieces calamansi
- ground pepper
For Fried Rice
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1/2 medium onion – chopped
- 1 piece Baguio Beans – chopped
- 1/4 of a carrot – cubed
- 1 tablespoon green peas
- salt and pepper
You can also follow this Fried Rice with Corn recipe.
- 1 piece Egg
- oil for frying
- Boil the beef strips until tender and add the remaining ingredient until the sauce thickens. Set aside.
- Saute the garlic until golden brown and onions.
- Add the Baguio Beans, green peas and carrots. Let it simmer until cooked.
- Put the salt and pepper.
- Add the rice and mix well. Set aside.
- Make a sunny-side-up egg.
- Serve and enjoy.
How to Make the Perfect Sunny-Side Up Egg?
In order to make a perfect sunny-side-up egg, your first option is to use a non-stick pan. Just in case you don’t have one, make sure the pan and oil are quite hot using a high fire. Then dip your ladle (siyanse) for about 5 seconds so it won’t stick to the egg when you try to get it.
Turn the heat in low fire and carefully put the egg in the oil. Wait until the egg white is done. You can also scoop some hot oil and drizzle it on top of the egg. Turn off the heat and then cover the pan for about 10 seconds. Remove using the hot ladle and you are done.
If you don’t like oil on your egg, you can poach it.