Mango Overload Ice Cream
There are now so many indications that Mr. Summer season is here: My parents’ air conditioner is always open, even at night; my lips started to burn urging me to buy lip balm; my dogs now love to stay in cooler places like under the dining table and beside the comfort room; I can’t stand my sticky body making me take a bath twice a day; and most specifically I use to receive messages from my friends and relatives inviting or asking me to a beach vacation.
Cooling ourselves is one of the key in enjoying Summer. However, not all of us can spend a lot or have an easy access in coolers like juices, malls, and ice cream.
So, how about making our own ice cream? This won’t just save us money, but we’ll also get the most out of the ingredients.
Let us all start with mango flavor. Because, it’s homemade, it doesn’t just have mango bits, but overloading.
- 2 medium ripe mangoes – chopped (This can make 2 cups of flesh)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 220 ml all purpose cream
- 100 ml evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- a pinch of powedered cinnamon (optional)
- Food Processor, if not available use blender
- In a low fire, boil the water and a cup of mango flesh. Let it cool and set aside.
- Using a food processor or a blender combine all cream, milk, sugar and cinnamon. Blend until thick.
- While the processor is still running, gradually add the mixture in step 1 until finished. Remove from processor.
- Add the remaining mango flesh and mix.
- Chill in freezer overnight.
How do I store it? I use glass jars and will dig down the ice cream from it. What’s great is that this recipe can fill four 240 ml jars for a very low price of P87.00.