Are you looking for refreshments to cool down this Summer? Well, check out this simple milk tea shake recipe.
This Summer is entirely different – we can’t go out and have a stroll in the malls and have some refreshments or go out of town to visit the beach.
Milk tea is a fad. Everybody is looking for it. However, since we need to follow the strict protocols of the community quarantine, we can’t buy it often. Fortunately, we can make one. Not as fancy as those we can buy in malls, though.
Food Find: C2 Milk Tea
As far as I know a bottle (500 ml) of milk tea sold will cost you P50.00 or more. But, the thing is you can make your own. This recipe will cost you P54.00 for a pitcher or even more.
I was not able to buy boba, so I made an alternative… small tapioca pearls.
- 3 pieces Lipton yellow tea
- 1 and 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoon tapioca pearls
- 6 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup boiling water
Let’s Make Milk Tea Shake
- In a cup of boiling water, put the tea bags to extract the flavor. Let it stand for 10 minutes (tea extract).
- In a blender add the tea extract, milk, and brown sugar. Let the blender run until all the ingredients combine.
- Add crushed ice and water. Then, let the blender do the work.
- Stop when foam formed.
- Add tapioca pearls for more flavor.
- Share and enjoy.
- Nothing beats boba but since it’s expensive and not readily available, we can always buy those tapioca pearls in the market.
- If you are not a fan of crushed ice, you can use tube ice. You can skip step 3 in this matter.
- In less than P60, this milk tea shake recipe can be enjoyed by 2-3 people.