My Mango Pudding-Gelatto
My sis noticed that I kept on posting main course recipes here. Then, to my realization, yeah and why?! So, here I am posting a recipe for the dessert category.
Mango Pudding-Gelatto (MPG) is one of my invention dish. This one is very easy to make, but requires quickness and patience. This dessert is also cheap and no baking required. So you can do this even you didn’t have any oven.
MPG has the consistency in between gelatin and leche flan. I created it as I both hate the consistency of a home-made jelly as it’s is too gummy and leche flan, it’s too soft, so i tried to combine them.
Here are the ingredients to make this dessert:
- 1 whole ripe mango (flesh cut into strips)
- 1 medium size egg
- 1 table spoon powdered gelatin (Recommeded Brand: Mr. Gulaman)
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 3 spoon white sugar
- 3 1/2 cup water
- optional: Mango extract
- Put the water, about 5 pieces of mango strips and sugar in a pan, then put into boil.
- While waiting for the mixture in number 1 to boil, combine egg , condensed milk and mango extract in a bowl. Continue to mix until you feel that the ingredients combine.
- Add the remaining mango strips in the condensed milk mixture.
- When the water in the pan boils, immediate remove it from the fire and put in a separate bowl.
- Add the powdered gelatin in the mixture and stir it fast to mix the gelatin well. You will eventually see that the mixture thickens.
- Add the condensed milk mixture and stir immediately, continue to stir until the mixture became paste like.
- Put it in a mold and let it set.
- Refrigerate then serve.
The inside of MPG, just follow the instructions and it’ll end up with mango all over, not just in the bottom
Note: When you add the milk mixture continue to stir until it turns like like a paste. This will prevent the mango flesh to float and if followed, the finished MPG product have mango all over the place and not just at the bottom.
I top it with more mango flesh and condensed milk, then will share it with my older nieces who are very big fans of my culinary knowledge.