My own version of Creamy Macaroni Soup
Creamy Macaroni Soup is locally known as “sopas.” It is composed of macaroni pasta, milk, meat and vegetables. This soup will never be absent to side stores catering breakfast in the Philippines. This is one of my family’s all-time favorite and we never forget to make it every month.
I want my soup thick and very creamy. So, I use lots of milk. I also want this tasty, so I use Pork Bones (Biyas).
This recipe is for my family that is composed of 10 adults and 4 kids. Instead of using cabbage I used Malunggay leaves to make it healthier.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo macaroni pasta
- 1/2 pork bones, the leg parts. Locally called as biyas
- 2 cups malunggay leaves
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- spring onions
- 1 large carrots, cubed
- 30 cups water
- Garlic, finely chopped
- onions, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pork bones for about 25 minutes in order to make the flavor come out. Set aside
- Saute garlic and onions. I roasted the garlic fist, remove it then add the onions. I set aside the roasted garlic.
- Add the pork bones then put it into boil.
- Add a cup of macaroni and wait for it to soften a little. Soon it will be cooked earlier than the rest of the macaroni and will add thickness to the soup.
- Add the rest of the the macaroni and let it boil for about 20 minutes. I Always observe it the macaroni is already cooked.
- Add the carrots and milk, and let it boil for about a minute.
- Add the spring onion and let it simmer.
- Add the malunggay leaves and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste based on your preferences.