My Own Version of Sweet and Sour Pork
Ringo | On 03, May 2012
A sweet and sour pork is a dish made from meat (obviously pork), vinegar, ketchup and many more. My own version has thick sauce that covers the entire meat, just look like tocino. I also want spicy kicks that’s why I uses a sweet and spicy sauce instead of ketchup.
This recipe is for 10 people.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 kilo pork -chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet and spicy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 spoons vinegar
- 2 spoon soy sauce
- 1 spoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour dissolved 1/2 cup water
- Ground pepper
- Oil for sautéing
- 1. Sauté garlic and onion
- 2. Add pork and let it fry for a few minutes to add crispiness.
- 3. Add water and let it boil until the pork is tender.
- 4. Add water with flour and let it boil.
- 5. Add vinegar, soy sauce and sweet and spicy sauce and boil.
- 6. Add sugar and ground pepper until sauce thickens and boil for a minute.
- 7. Serve and enjoy.
- 1. Use strong fire when water is still present and turn into medium fire when the sauce thickens.
- 2. You can also add vegetables like bell pepper, potato and pineapple.