Are you looking for a meatloaf recipe with a kick? Well, check out this pork and milkfish meatloaf recipe. I’m telling you, this dish is addicting.
When you make Rellenong Bangus, there’s a big possibility that you’ll have extra meat stuff. The pork and milkfish mixture will yield to an amount that the hallow fish skin can’t completely cover.
You can saute the extra meat or turn them into meatballs. However, for me, the best you can cook them is by baking.
Here is the pork and milkfish meatloaf recipe:
As I mentioned above, this easy meatloaf recipe is inspired from the extra meat in making the rellenong bangus. To guide you better, I decided to enumerate all the ingredients so you can make this from scratch.
- 1 piece medium milkfish
- 1 kilo ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 medium red onion – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium carrot – peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium turnip – peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon raisins
- 3 tablespoon green peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the milkfish and let it cool down.
- Shred the flesh and remove the bones.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients. Then, mix well.
- Fill up a baking cup.
- Bake at 175 degrees for one hour.
- Serve and enjoy.
- You can use uncooked milkfish flesh. Most of the milkfish sellers in the wet market offer the deboning of the fish services for a minimal amount.
- You can use a food processor like the capsule cutter to make grounded milkfish.
- Turnip adds sweet kicks to this best meatloaf. If it’s not yet in season, you can substitute it with apple and pears.