Pork Mechado recipe involves kasim and vegetables like carrots, potatoes, and peas. This recipe of mine doesn’t involve sugar.
“High risk, high reward,” the pastor said in one of the church sessions I attended. It sent chills to me because I admit, I’ve been playing safe in my whole adult life.
It pushed me to take a risk and look for an interesting adventure of my life and if I’ll have the chance, I’ll blog about it.
Read: Pork Bistek Recipe
When I revealed this move of mine to my father, while cooking pork mechado for lunch, he frowned. He gave a piece of advice but to be honest, I didn’t listen that much. I’m decided to push my career to the next level. Sorry, paps!
Here is Pork Mechado recipe:
- 1/2 kilo pork should (kasim), cleaned and sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped into cubed
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup green peas
- Medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 pieces medium tomatoes, cleaned and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, boil the pork until the water runs out. This will make the meat tender. Set aside.
- In another pan, saute garlic and onion. Let it simmer for a while.
- Add the tomatoes and about 1/2 cup of water. Then. let it boil for a few minutes until the tomatoes disintegrate.
- Put the tomato sauce.
- Add the pork meat, carrots, green peas, and potato. Then, add about 1/4 cup of water and let it boil.
- Put under a low fire and the slices of bell pepper.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the stove and cover. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.