Pork Quesadilla Recipe
During weekends, one of the bonding that me and my siblings do is movie or series marathon. We even stay awake as late as 3 a.m. just finish the movies or series of our choice.
Of course, food is also a part. We use to buy junk food and soft drinks to chow down while watching. But, there are times that we choose to cook some gourmet foods that we will share while watching.
Last week, one of the foods I cooked was the Pork Quesadilla. This combines ground pork and some vegetables with some sauce and wrapped into a tortilla.
This recipe is for 8 people (one each). You also need a toaster like oven, turbo broiler or pan.
- 8 pieces tortilla
- 1 cup ground pork
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 bundle romaine lettuce
- 4 pieces medium tomatoes – chopped
- 1 white onion – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium carrot – cubed
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- Saute garlic until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and wait until some of the skin peel off.
- Add ground pork and let it simmer.
- Add water and let it boil for a minute.
- Add carrots, boil.
- Add onions, boil.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add black olives.
Make the quesadilla:
- Add at least 2 to 3 tablespoon of the mixture on top of tortilla.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoon of grated cheese, add lettuce and fold to your desire.
- Toast until the cheese melts.