Potato Pudding Recipe
Ringo | On 25, Jul 2012
The starchy, mushy,spongy and soft texture of potato makes it a very popular vegetable. Here in the Philippines, it is widely used in different cuisines specially to soup based dishes.
According to some health experts potatoes are rich in Vitamins A and D, as well as assortments of phytochemicals and bacteria fighting agents that the root crop used in fighting diseases. It is also rich in fiber and antioxidants for rejuvenation.
Here is a dessert where I used potato as the main ingredient.
- 5 medium potato – peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 spoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 spoon flour
- 2 spoon butter
- Boil the potato in 1 cup water until cooked.
- Make it into mash potato. It’s ok if there are big bits as this will give a chewable part to the finished product.
- Add butter, egg, milk, sugar, and mix well. This will create a pancake-like mixture.
- Grease a pan and add the mixture.
- Steam for 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
This will also trick kids to eat potatoes. I tried giving it to my nieces and they just kept on munching.