Recipe: Meringue Coated Cream Puff
I first tasted cream puff when I was still working in a call center, I kinda liked the egg pie-like taste with crunchy outside. The one I tasted have special feelings that everybody can’t resist.
So, I researched on how to create this fantastic desserts and came up with my own innovations. The original recipe has no sugar, only the fillings that adds sweetness. But, my recipe adds sugar and some cream before baking the puffs to make it more delicious. I even coat it with meringue.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs (1 egg has a separated yolk for meringue)
- 4 spoon sugar (for the puff)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 spoon sugar (for meringue)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar (pinch of salt as substitute)
Procedure to make the puff:
- In a pan add the water and butter. Put into boil until the butter is melted.
- Remove from the fire and add the 4 spoon sugar. Mix well until sugar melts.
- Add the flour little by little while mixing. Mix well until it forms a dough.
- Add the eggs one by one [ Add an egg, mix well until the dough and egg combined, repeat until done].
- Scoop using a spoon or ice cream scoop and put in a baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes in 150 degrees.
Procedure to make the meringue:
- Add the cream of tartar and egg white in a bowl.
- Beat well to form a foam or using an electric beater.
- little by little add the sugar. Putting the whole sugar in the foam will liquefy the foam again.
- Dip each puff in the meringue and bake for 1-2 minutes in 150 degrees.
- Serve and enjoy.