Rellenong Bangus Recipe
Ringo | On 22, Apr 2012
Rellenong Bangus: Look how rich the fillings inside
Rellenong Bangus is a milk fish stuffed with meat and shredded vegetables and deep fried. This is a very meticulous and a very long recipe,but very delicious.
The removing the flesh and retaining the skin intact is a very hard thing to do. Go thing, vendors in the local market near our place (Commonwealth Market) can do it for you. They use special ruler-like spatula that can remove the flesh with bone. The local vendors are like doing it for years as they are sliding those rulers inside the fish like slicing a jelly. Those moves by the vendors serves as entertainment for me.
Note: This was cooked for my dad’s birthday, so this is for 5 pieces of bangus.
Here are the ingredients:
- 5 pieces of bangus – scaled, meat removed from the skin.
- 1 kilo of ground pork
- 2 medium carrots – finely chopped
- 2 medium bell pepper – seeds removed and finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 medium onions – finely chopped
- 3 spoon raisins
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 spoon salt
- Ground pepper
- Chicken breading
- Oil for frying
- Wash the skin of bangus and set aside.
- Boil the flesh bangus until cooked. Remove from heat and let it stand to remove the remaining water.
- Crush and remove the bones. Set aside.
- In another pan, saute garlic and onion.
- Add the ground pork, carrots and bell pepper. Let it simmer.
- Remove from heat and combine with the bangus flesh.
- Add raisins, ground pepper, seasonings, eggs, flour and mix well.
- Insert the mixture inside the bangus skin and coat them with chicken breading.
- Fry until the skin is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
These 5 pieces of Rellenong Bangus can feed 15-20 people
This recipe requires time and patience. So, I advise that you cook this 2-3 hours before a meal. You can also add more vegetable in the mixture like spring onion, potato and many more.
The above recipe can feed 15-20 people. Therefor, it is worthy to cook one.