Roasted chicken with special garlic red sauce
Roasted chicken is cooked using an oven, grill or turbo broiler. This is a dish came from western countries, where they used turkey. The original recipe was cooked with salt only, but as time goes by many put flavors, use marinade and used the process to different poultry animals.
The best thing about this dish is that all the oil will drip from the chicken. Therefor, we can say, it’s healthier, but the flavors were still there.
This recipe of mine will marinade the chicken first. I asked my mom to buy me a whole chicken for our dinner, but all the things she remembered was only chicken. So, she bought the chopped chicken. I marinade the pieces first then use our turbo broiler to cook the chicken.
Turbo Broiler, worth P2,000.00 in department stores. Sorry for the background, families with toddlers will relate.
Here are the ingredients to cook this dish:
- 1 whole chicken (You can also use the chopped ones)
For the marinade:
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Juice from 6 pieces Calamansi
- 3 spoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 spoon ketchup
- 3/4 cup water
For the red sauce:
- The minced garlic used in the marinade
- 1 spoon soy sauce
- 2 spoon ketchup
- Thin, coin sized ginger
- 1 spoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water with diluted 1/2 spoon flour
- Ground pepper
- Combine all the ingredients together for the marinade.
- Soak the chicken in the marinade for 3-4 hours. If you are using a whole chicken you can flip the chicken to the other side to achieve equally soaked parts.
- Put the chicken in the turbo broiler. Set the machine on 45 minutes for 150 degrees Celsius. Wait until the timer finished.
The Marinated Chicken in the Turbo Broiler
For the Garlic Red Sauce (Use the Garlic in marinade):
- Saute the garlic, make sure that it is roasted and remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add all the ingredients together except the ginger and let it boil until thick.
- Add the ginger, let it boil with the mixture for 45 seconds and remove.
- Add garlic, stir well and remove the mixture from the heat.
- Serve as dip for the chicken.
The longer marinated the chicken is, the better.
What do I like about cooking this dish is that I can multi-task. While waiting for the timer, I can write my news articles for my news blog.