Sauteed Cauliflower and Cabbage
Ringo | On 20, Nov 2012
Just a trivia, the early Egyptians believed that the cabbage is quite a powerful vegetables. Pharaohs and princesses will eat cabbage or drink cabbage juice in large quantities before drinking alcohol as they believe that it can keep a person alive despite of alcohol presence in the body.
This is why, until now, some raises use cabbage juice with vinegar as hangover remedy.
But, the scientific explanation about this is that cabbage doesn’t directly subsides the effect of alcohol. It only soothes he headache as a side effect of drinking alcohol.
One of the best way to cook cabbage is sauteed with a little soy sauce and vinegar that resembles adobo. I also added cauliflower.
- 1 whole cabbage, chopped
- 1 whole cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 kilo pork, chopped
- garlic, minced
- onion, chopped
- 3 spoon butter
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cup water
- 2 spoon sugar
- 1 piece laurel leaves
- 1 spoon flour, diluted in 1/2 cup water (flour mixture)
- ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a very low fire.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add the pork and let it simmer for a while.
- Add the cups of water, soy sauce and vinegar and let it boil until the pork is cooked.
- Add laurel leaves, flour mixture, pepper and sugar then wait until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cauliflower and let it boil for a while for about 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and let it boil for 30 seconds while stirring.
- Serve while hot.