Sauteed String Beans, Pork and Shrimp
Ringo | On 18, Jul 2012
During my call center years, one of the things that I missed are the home cooked dishes. Due to I wanted to sleep, I can’t cook my own food and always missed meals as waking up just exact for me to prepare for work. One of my worst habits that time (will never do it again) is skipping my dinner and will just grab bars of chocolate sold in the nearby convenient store my office, and will eat them during shift to keep my self from starving.
One of the vegetables that I really missed during that time is sitaw or the String Beans. I love it whatever the way it is cooked, even to the simplest way like sauteing.
Here is my recipe for Sauteed String Beans, Pork and Shrimp.
- 1/2 kilo pork – chopped
- 2 bundles stringed beans – bottom removed and sliced (2 1/2inches each)
- 1/4 kilo shrimp – washed and antenna removed
- 4 pieces tomatoes -chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 7 cups water
- 1 spoon oil
- Seasonings (optional)
- Saute garlic and onions.
- Add the tomatoes and let it simmer.
- Add the ginger. pork and water and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the stringed beans and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper ad seasonings, mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.