Sinigang na Matambaka at Hipon
After a long day isn’t it amazing that we will sip down a little spicy, sour soup? It can really relax our stressed muscles and can rejuvenate us for more tasks waiting for us tomorrow. Here is a recipe that I learned from my mom. It is called Sinigang na matambaka and hipon.
Matambaka is internationally known as big eyed scad with scientific name Selar crumenophthalmus. This is available to countries with tropical climates like Philippines. The best thing about this fish is that it is very tasty, soft and doesn’t have too much bones. To make it more tastier I add hipon (shrimp) and some spices.
As I finished cooking this dish, I took picture of it. My niece, Zoe (refer to hash brown review) asked me if I will eat that and when I said yes, she said “gusto ko niyan, pero ba’t walang kanin?” So we ate together.
Here is how to make this dish:
- 2 medium sized matambaka, cut in half
- 1/4 kilo shrimp
- 3 pieces medium tomato, chopped
- Knorr sinigang na isda pack
- 7 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Saute the garlic, onion and ginger
- Add the tomato and little water. Wait until some of the skin of tomato peels off
- Add water and put into boil. Wait until the water turns into little pinkish as the tomato melts
- Add the Knorr Sinigang Mix, salt and pepper to taste. Adjust it to your taste preferences
- While boiling add the matambaka and let it boil
- Add shrimp and let it boil, make sure that the fish and shrimp are already cooked
What do I like about this dish is the fish, it has big eyes that I loved to suck. Best served while still hot.