Sinigang na Yellow Fin Tuna
Ringo | On 20, May 2012
Yellow fin tuna is one of the most delicious fish ever. This is also one of the most expensive. But, when we go to Bolinao to take our vacation we found a very cheap, yet freshly caught from the ocean tuna, for only P200.00 a kilo. For me, this is best grilled, but due to we already have other grilled foods that time, we decided to cook it sinigang.
The soup of this fish is undeniably delicious and very relaxing. This is best for stressed people who just came home from work and for those people who are not feeling well.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 kilo yellow fin tuna – washed and chopped
- 4 pieces tomatoes – chopped
- 1 bundle talbos ng kamote – bottom removed
- 3 pieces silinghaba or green chilies
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 thumb size onion – chopped
- 1 pack Sinigang mix
- 7 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Saute Garlic, onion and ginger.
- 2. Add tomatoes and add a little water. Boil for a minute.
- 3. Add water and let it boil.
- 4. Add the sinigang mix, green chilies, salt and pepper. Boil for 2 minutes.
- 5. Add the Yellow Fin Tuna and boil for 15 minutes.
- 6. Add the talbos ng Kamote and boil for another minute.
- 7. Serve and enjoy.
You can also add radish and gabi to add more flavor to the soup.