Spicy Ginataang Papaya Recipe
Ringo | On 29, Jul 2014
One thing I love about being a home base personnel is the unavailability of temptations. I mean food temptations.
Since I work home base and don’t usually go out, am very far away from fast foods, pastries, and other full-of-guilt foods. So, I don’t gain weight and don’t spend much money for foods.
Working home base will also make you have access your parents’ cooking and for me that is the greatest part. We all know that mothers and fathers cook with love. So, they will never thrift the ingredients.
Spicy Ginataang Papaya is my father’s recipe. This is has very much resemblance to my mom’s Ginataang Hipon with Papaya. The only difference is my father use chicken and added green chilies to add some hot kicks.
This recipe is good for 8-10 people.
- 1 kilo chicken breast – chopped
- 2 medium green papaya – peeled and chopped (refer to the picture)
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 bundles malunggay leaves
- 5 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 know garlic – peeled and chopped
- 2 medium green chilies – chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add chicken and let it simmer.
- Add coconut milk, ginger and let it boil for about two minutes.
- Add papaya and cup of water and bring into boil for about 15 minutes or when the chicken and papaya are cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add malunggay and boil for 30 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy.