Tapa Recipe – Tender beef strips
Ringo | On 05, Jun 2012
Tapa is another original Filipino recipe. It is made from beef strips, marinated and cooked, mostly fried. The original tapa is stricken in order to become softer when cooked. But, due to modern technologies tapas comes very soft and it’s because of pressure cooker.
Tapa is available in carinderia all over Philippines and usually served with fried rice and fried egg. This whole meal is called tapsilog (tapa sinangag itlog). I posted a favorite tapsi store way back my college life.
My College memories: PUP foods << click to view
This recipe of mine is also marinated, boiled until tender and sauted with special sauce.
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 kilo beef – chop into small pieces
- 6 spoon soy sauce
- Juice from 10 pieces calamansi
- 1 bulb garlic – finely minced
- 4 spoon sugar
- 2 spoon ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- ground pepper
- 1 table spoon oil
- Marinate first the beef in 2 spoon sugar, 3 spoon soy sauce and 1 spoon calamansi juice for about 1 hour.
- Make the sauce by combining the remaining sugar, soy sauce, calamansi juice, ground pepper, 1/4 cup water and ketchup. Mix well and set aside.
- Boil the beef until tender. You can use a pressure cooker to make your life easier.
- In a separate pan, saute the garlic until roasted.
- Add the tender beef and let it simmer.
- Add the special sauce and wait until thicken.
- Serve and enjoy.
It took me more than 45 minutes boiling the beef over high fire to make the beef tender.