Tea and Mango – The Best Thirst Quencher for the Coming Summer
Just a few days ago, I was talking to a friend and we both agreed that it’s the first time we felt the urge of wearing a jacket despite of it’s noon time. However, I think this will a past now. I can now feel the heat that makes me want to take a bath from time to time.
According to the news, this heat will be temporary only. ABS-CBN News said, quoting an astronomer that the Hanging Habagat will still make the weather colder. However, not as cold as what January has.
So, we can say that the Summer heat is really coming?
Tea and Mango is one of the cooler I’ve been making since I was a kid. I love the sour-sweet kicks that the strips of mango adds to the aroma of tea.
This recipe is good for five people:
- 3 bags of Lipton Yellow Tea
- 1 cup mango strips (Kinayod)
- 6 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup boiling water
- Soak the tea bags in the boiling water and let it stand for about 10 minutes (Tea Solution).
- Combine the tea solution with 5 cups of water and brown sugar. Mix well until the sugar dilutes.
- Add ice and mix.
- Add the mango strips and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.