Tilapia Fillet With Tomatoes And Shallot Sauce
Ringo | On 16, Sep 2017
I love dogs. I actually have two Labrador retrievers and I don’t consider myself just as an owner. I’m one of those who treat their dogs as family and will call themselves fur parents.
In terms of feeding my dogs, I don’t usually rely on dog food alone. You can always see my fridge with several fishes, meats, vegetables and much more products that I usually mix with rice and dog food because I wanted them to get the enough nutrients they needed.
However, those are not 100% for them. They are for me, also.
Just yesterday, after closing my Pisonet shop, I got hungry. So, I checked my fridge and saw some tilapia. I cooked fish fillet and make shallot sauce.
- 2 pieces tilapia fillet
- 1 medium shallot – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – finely minced
- 1 medium tomato – sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon water
- Juice from one piece calamansi
- Salt and pepper
- Oil (for searing)
Make the Fillet
- Season the tilapia with salt and pepper.
- Deep fry until they have crispy skin.
- Set aside.
Make the sauce
- In a pan, saute garlic until golden brown. Set aside.
- Saute onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add soy sauce, calamansi juice, water, sugar, and bring to a boil. It will come out with a thicker sauce. You can also season it with a pinch of pepper and salt.
- Garnish with the roasted garlic, sliced shallot, and tomatoes.